In regards to the new committee, all of the elected members must be full-time undergraduate or postgraduate members of the University of Cambridge. Candidates must be proposed and seconded by two other members of the society. The society will welcome emails proposing and seconding eligible candidates until midnight (UK time) of Sunday, May 22. The available positions are:
1) Chair: The Chair will be responsible for the coordination and representation of the society, will chair meetings of the committee, contact and invite speakers for seminars and aid other committee members, for instance with search for sponsorship.
2) Secretary: The Secretary will be responsible for communication and advertising, will manage the website of the society and send email updates to members. The Secretary will also aid other committee members when required, take minutes of the committee’s meetings and chair meetings in the absence of the Chair.
3) Junior Treasurer: The Junior Treasurer will be responsible for the finances of the society. They will manage the society’s bank account, the search for sponsorship and they will work closely with other members of the committee in planning expenses.
4-5) Seminar Coordinators: Two positions will be available for Seminar Coordinators. They will book the venues and the catering for seminars and, along with the Chair, contact and invite speakers.
6) Site Visits Coordinator: The Site Visits coordinator will plan site visits for the members of the society. The goal is to have about one site visit per term. Contacts with industry would be useful for this position.
7) Social Coordinator: The Social Coordinator will organize social events for the members of the society. These will include the customary pub visits after seminars and could be expanded to more activities for the coming academic year.
We are looking forward to receiving your proposals for candidates and seeing many of you at the AGM!