Sep 30, 2015
from 12:00 PM to 05:00 PM
|Contact Name||Yingyan Jin|
|Add event to calendar||
- LIMITED NUMBER OF PLACES -
Please contact Yingyan Jin to enrol.
Overview of visit:
Canary Wharf railway station is currently under construction in the Isle of Dogs in east London, as part of the Crossrail project. Construction began in May 2009 and the station is expected to open in 2018. The station is being constructed beneath and within the West India North Dock. The station extends from east of the Docklands Light Railway bridge to the east end of the dock. It is constructed within a 475 m long concrete box with a 245 m long island platform. The two construction sites we will visit are Canary Wharf Wood Wharf site and Canary Wharf Bank Street site. The construction progress of each site is: Wood Wharf: combi wall and piles for dock reclamation and basement excavation. Bank Street: cofferdam and CFA piling
- 12:00: Meeting in Cambridge Train Station
- 14:00: Meeting in the west entrance to Canary Wharf JLE Station
- 14:00-15:00: Canary Wharf project overview talk
- 15:00-17:00: Wood Wharf and Back Street site visit (Visitors will be split into two groups. Each group will visit Wood Wharf and Back Street site separately and then swap.)
PPE will be provided on site if required.
The capacity for each visit group is 8. Only 16 will be accommodated.